Today at work a co-worker said (in jest) that I was just the “hot girl with nothing going on upstairs.”
Um…excuse me? What?
I was saying that I felt like I couldn’t add much to the conversation about what supplies we needed to order and pack because I hadn’t done a conference yet and didn’t know what to expect. They said it was it fine, and I would know more next year, but then one of them said that.
I know she was joking. There was a pseudo-compliment there too, I suppose. But regardless, I’m not an idiot. There’s A LOT going on upstairs, thankyouverymuch.
Scenes from my day (and evening).
It’s one of those perfect fall days so I went for a run after work. Those pumpkins are ones my roommate brought home. Let’s hope they survive better than mine did last year after the squirrels got to them!
That rose is the last rose that we have blooming at our house. So lovely.
I wore my “run the good life” shirt for my run today. I dig it.
And guess what time of year it is!? It’s time for me to edit more videos! My friend brought me over this sweet set up so that I could edit for him. That’s what I’ll be spending the rest of my evening doing. Lame.
Happy hump day!
Melissa’s random weight loss method.
1. Be super busy. Go on road trips, vacations, and have no free time.
2. Eat without stressing about it. Portion control remains a priority.
3. Enjoy food and life.
4. Start lifting weights. Twice a week for an hour.
5. Be happier and more confident. Something that you finally discover has nothing to do with a silly number on the scale.
Following this formula, I’ve managed to lose 8 pounds! Wha?! Huh?! I’m feeling pretty great about my body. I feel trim, strong, and like I’m leaning out. I feel comfortable. Healthy. Confident and relaxed.
And isn’t that just fabulous?
Happy Birthday Brooke!
This girl you guys. I’ve often told her that she is my favo(u)rite. I’m so glad to know such an amazing, kind, wonderful, and just plain awesome person. (And an all-around B.A….A 4:43 Marathon? She’s a rockstar!) I adore this girl.
Who would have thought that these blogs would have introduced me to some of the most amazing people, and ones that I would call dear friends? Without this community I never would have met this spunky Canadian! :)
Chicago 2012, Fargo 2013, Manitoba 2014, Brownville 2014, and The Twin Cities 2014…Where will our adventures take us next? (can it be somewhere warm in the winter?) ;)
two-o-nine, I hope your day is filled with happy miles, Russell snuggles (and Andrew too!) poutine or cheese curds and maybe even a cupcake!
Happy Birthday Brooke! Much love across the miles.
Scenes from a pretty great Sunday.
After many delays getting home from Denver last night (two planes, a gate change, sparks from an engine, several fire trucks, a new part for the engine and a pilot that made up 30 minutes in the air to get us home to Omaha) I got home around 1:30 this morning.
After church and sushi with some new friends, I hit the grocery store, went for a run and then proceeded to do all of my laundry and clean my bathroom.
I’m currently on the couch, watching “How to get Away with Murder” by candlelight.
Like my shirt says, Sunday Funday indeed.
Oh hey! Look who found me Estes Park!
It’s becky-balances! She and her friend were hiking in Rocky mountain National Park…Right near Estes…. so of course I had to see my friend! Even if it was just for 5 minutes!
So glad I got to see you Becky! Love this girl!
Running at 7,500 feet is waaayyyy harder than running at 1,176 feet! Ugh.
However! I did get about 5 miles of runs in during my trip to Estes Park.
Today is the last day of vacation. I had back to Nebraska this evening. This trip was wonderful. I’m so happy for my friend Tracey and her husband Curtis!
Two weeks of quiet time (ish…i have to edit some videos for my friend these next two weeks) and then I head back to Denver for my work conference November first.
Happy weekend friends!
Estes Park Wedding festivities. Let the fun begin!
Good morning my lovelies! I hope you’re all having a wonderful Wednesday! Today is my Friday and I’m in a Friday kind of mood over here. :)
Some things of note:
- I got a new curling iron yesterday. The wire was shorting out on my current one. It is amazing what a quality curling iron will do. Curls for days!
- I finally sent my Tumblr Hoody out for the exchange today. Sorry Sarah! I didn’t mean to take so long! I hope you like it.
- I leave for Colorado after work tonight for a wedding on Friday. Our flights were $45 each way on Southwest. Can’t beat that!
- I got an email saying there will be free in-flight wifi and free in-flight tv. So I downloaded an app and plan to watch some shows during the short 1.5 hour flight tonight. Hooray!
- Last night, my roomie looked at me and said: “You are so skinny.” My first instinct was to say thank you. But should it have been? I don’t know. I’d rather be seen as strong and toned. Slim even. But skinny? Is that something that I should strive for? Probably not.
- I ran last night after work and again this morning before work. I’m tired and need a nap. Maybe on the plane tonight? Maybe I’ll sleep in tomorrow? A girl can dream.
- Have you guys seen this video? So, so good. I love the original song, but this is a pretty great remake.
- My friend and I are renting a car for this wedding trip as the wedding is in Estes Park and we’re flying into Denver. Adulting. Cool.
- The other day I was told that I “seem happier and more confident.” This person attributed it to the new job. I would agree with all of it. I didn’t know how much I needed this life change.
Happy Hump Day Friends!!
Happy Birthday becky-balances!!!
Becky you are one of the best people I know. I’m so glad I met you 2 years ago for the Chicago Marathon, and maintained that friendship ever since.
Here’s to the next destination races, or maybe just vacations together? No running required?! :)
I hope you have the happiest of birthdays pretty lady!
Much love across the miles!
Vote for Big Year Colorado at https://www.missionmainstreetgrants.com/business/detail/11969 - Chase’s $3M Mission Main Street Grants program for Small Business is in full swing! Apply or vote today! Learn more here: www.missionmainstreetgrants.com
will you do me a big favor? My Bestie needs this grant to have a job. If you could, would you just go over there and vote real quick for this project for her? We would both really appreciate it!!
It’s easy, and you only have to vote once. It does use facebook, but it doesn’t post anything or harass you with ads or anything else.
They only need 75 more votes, and if anyone can help, Tumblr can! I never ask for things like this, but would really appreciate it!
Thanks in advance!
A whirlwind weekend trip to Minneapolis
- It’s about 6.5 hours from Lincoln to Minneapolis. I went this weekend (with my ex-boyfriend) to see two-o-nine dominate the Twin Cities Marathon. I had so much fun cheering her on with sleepruneatrepeat, runningforme and Andrew. I’ve never spectated a Marathon before. 10/10 would do it again. It’s thrilling to watch and participate in. But watching doesn’t require 18 weeks of intense training. So that’s fun.
- I didn’t take a lot of pictures. This is the sunset, heading west to Nebraska from Des Moines. I thought it was a fitting photo. Riding off into the sunset, and all that jazz.
- As Johnna said, we spent the weekend enjoying each other’s company, just being with our friends. So the internet is how we met? Cool. Doesn’t mean that’s all we can talk about. I like that. A lot.
- There was brunch and we hung out with trivialbob and mrstrivialbob and of course Ella.
- The weekend went too fast and suddenly it was Sunday and time to run. 4 Marathon stops later (where Susie and I were checking out the cute guys who ran by us!) Brooke was done with her Marathon and crushed her time with an amazing PR.
- And then it was time to go. And before I knew what was happening we were on the road home, back to The Good Life and a reality that I still had to drive another 45 minutes home after we got back to Omaha. (I can’t complain, I didn’t have to drive there or back!)
- 3 days of work and then it’s off to Estes Park where I’m a bridesmaid in a dear friend’s wedding. I can’t wait!
Have a good week, Friends!
two-o-nine is a rock star. She KILLED this marathon. I’ll let her post about it, but, I had the best time cheering her on with sleepruneatrepeat and runningforme and Andrew today.
Way to go Brooke! You’re amazing!
I love the internet. I have missed Susie sleepruneatrepeat since last year. So good to see her and watch this race with her and Andrew two-o-nine's husband!
Watching Marathons > running Full Marathons any day!